Dapol warranty returns
Posted by Andy F. on 29 April 2012 07:41 PM
When sending a Dapol warranty claim to DCC supplies please follow this procedure to ensure your return is not delayed:
Booking your repair:
- Please have the following details to hand before calling:
- Your proof of purchase
- Locomotive model number
- A brief description of the problem
- Contact DCC Supplies on 01905 621 999 or 0845 224 1601
- Your details and a brief problem description will be taken
- A RAN (Returns Authorisation Number) will be given to you
- If you have an email address, you will be sent a confirmation email with RAN number and freepost address label
- Remember to obtain a proof of posting from your Post Office.
- Please allow Freepost 3-4 working days to arrive.
- You will receive further emails on receipt and during the repair process.
- Please refer to the confirmation email, and use the attached address for your return.
- If a DCC plug-in decoder is fitted, this must be removed and the blanking plug re-fitted before sending the locomotive to us (Please do not enclose the decoder).
- Please ensure the locomotive is securely packaged to prevent damage during transit, and enclose a copy of your customers proof of purchase (work cannot proceed without this).
- The job number must be clearly written on the outside of the package. (You can use the return address section below as a package label).
- If you opt to use alternative postal services to freepost (i.e. Recorded delivery etc.) and apply insufficient postage, we regret that all charges made by the Royal Mail to us will be invoiced to you plus a £2.40 administration fee (inc VAT). Payment will be due before return of your model.
- When posting please obtain a 'proof of postage' at the post office. Dapol and DCC Supplies cannot be held liable for locomotives lost or damaged in the post without a correctly stamped and completed 'proof of postage'